Hey guys I hope you’re all enjoying the sunshine! The recipe for banana bread that I’m going to share with you today has been one of my all-time favourite recipes for as long as I can remember. When I think of this recipe I think of afternoons spent baking with my mum and getting covered in flour – hair, face, arms everywhere! So it’s a very happy thing for me to write about to fit in with the happy sunny weather.
This recipe is actually from a kid’s cookbook which is why it’s so simple but it tastes delicious nonetheless. The book is called ‘Kid’s Baking’ (original, I know) and the cover looks like this:
230g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 very ripe bananas
75ml vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 1/2tsp vanilla essence
This will make 1 loaf of banana bread but it doesn’t last long in our house!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Grease a loaf pan with butter
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and then add the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat until blended
- Add both mixtures together and stir until blended
- Scrape into the greased loaf tin and bake for about 45 mins
- Let it cool on a wire rack then gently run a knife along the inside edge of the pan to loosen the bread from the sides
- Flip the loaf out of the pan and allow another 15 minutes to cool before serving
Then eat it warm or cold, at home or take it with you in some tin foil for a tasty snack!